Expert Immigration Advocacy for Canadians Seeking E-Visas or Business Visitor Status in the U.S.

The increased mobilization of the global workforce in recent years means that there has been an upswing in demand for people needing to cross international borders for work purposes. The U.S. and Canada, given their proximity to each other and their ongoing treaty partnership, have a symbiotic relationship in this regard, necessitating a considerable amount of cross-border business travel. However, there are many ways in which a person can gain entry to the U.S. for business purposes and navigating the available options can be daunting and time-consuming. E-Visas could be an excellent solution for those with special business expertise, however, they require a tremendous amount of work to facilitate. Securing a highly-skilled immigration lawyer will help both individual and corporate clients to find the best solution for their needs and ensure a smooth implementation when time is of the essence.

The immigration lawyers at Garson Immigration Law have nearly thirty years of experience assisting individuals and corporations with their respective immigration needs, and with E-visas in particular. Our expertise in this area, as well as our proximity to both the U.S. border and U.S. consulate in Toronto allow us to simplify the application process considerably for our clients.

E-1 Visa for Treaty Traders

What is a treaty trader?

A qualifying treaty trader is a person or business resident in a country in a treaty partnership with the U.S. who requires entry to the U.S. for the purposes of facilitating the trade of goods or services. A person may apply for and be granted an E-1 Visa on their own behalf, in which case they will be limited to work for which they’ve been approved while in the U.S. However, in other cases it may be possible for an employee of a treaty trader to be granted access as well. The initial approved term for an E-1 Visa is five years, with the potential for further five-year increments upon renewal.

E-2 Visa for Treaty Investors

What is a treaty investor?

A treaty investor is a person or business seeking entry to the U.S. in order to invest a substantial amount of capital in a U.S. business. Similar to treaty traders, approved treaty investors will be granted an initial stay of five years, subject to renewal.

Both treaty traders and treaty investors, once approved for a visa, can apply for dependent visas for their spouses and children who are under 21 years of age. In most cases, if the primary applicant has been approved, their family members will also be granted entry for the same period of time.

B-1 Visa for Business Visitors

What is a business visitor?

A business visitor is a person seeking entry to the U.S. in order to engage in various business activities, including but not limited to:

  • Negotiating a contract;
  • Settling an estate;
  • Leading or participating in training; or
  • Attending a conference.

A successful applicant will be granted entry for a temporary period of time that may be extended in certain circumstances. In order to qualify for entry with a B-1 Visa, applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have legitimate business interests in the U.S., as well as funds to support themselves for the duration of their stay. Unlike the E-1 and E-2 Visas above, spouses and children of successful B-1 Visa applicants will not automatically be granted entry along with the original applicant. They must each apply for an individual B-2 visa in order to accompany the original applicant to the U.S.

Contact Garson Immigration Law for Effective E-Visa & Business Visitor Solutions for Canadians Working in the U.S.

At Garson Immigration Law, we are exclusively dedicated to the practice of immigration law. We have extensive experience guiding clients through the process of applying for U.S. E-Visas with respect to special business expertise as well as B-1 Business Visitor visas. We will work with both you and your new employer to facilitate a successful TN application so that you can begin your new job without unnecessary delay. To discuss your circumstances with one of our experienced immigration lawyers, please contact us online or call us at 416-321-2860.

Contact Us

For all questions and inquiries, call or email us via our form below<

4950 Yonge St., # 302
Toronto, ON M2N 6K1

Fax: (416) 512-6107