Canadian Immigration Lawyers Skilled in Assisting with Family Sponsorship Applications

Sponsoring a family member is one of the most common methods of obtaining permanent residence status for loved ones living outside of Canada. A Canadian citizen, permanent resident or a person registered under the Indian Act can apply to sponsor non-resident family members. However, the application process is very involved and can become costly if sponsoring multiple people. It is important to ensure your application is complete and correct the first time in order to avoid having to reapply.

At Garson Immigration Law, we assist clients with family sponsorships on a regular basis. Our founding partner, David Garson, is recognized as an expert in immigration law and our team is solely dedicated to the practice of immigration law. We have a specialist’s knowledge of the family sponsorship application process and how to present a client’s case in the most favourable way.

 Who Can You Sponsor for Canadian Residency?

You can sponsor a spouse or dependent child for Canadian residency so long as you establish that you are able to support them financially upon arrival in Canada. It is imperative to demonstrate that no sponsored family member will require social assistance of any kind once in Canada.

You can sponsor a sibling, nephew, niece or grandchild if they meet the following criteria:

  • They are related to you by blood or adoption;
  • Both their biological parents are no longer alive;
  • They are under 18 years of age; and
  • They are single.

You can also sponsor one relative of any age, related by blood or adoption, so long as you meet the following criteria:

  • You have no living relative closer than the person you want to sponsor, who you could sponsor instead; and
  • You don’t have any relatives who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents.

Ensuring Complete and Accurate Family Sponsorship Applications from the Start

The immigration lawyers at Garson Immigration Law will work to ensure you have a complete application with all mandatory components including financial information, proof of income and other associated documents before your application is submitted for consideration. We have been successfully assisting clients with family sponsorship applications for nearly thirty years and are extremely knowledgeable about what is required to ensure a successful application.

Contact Garson Immigration Law in Toronto for assistance Sponsoring Family Members for Canadian Residency

At Garson Immigration Law, we are dedicated exclusively to the practice of immigration law and we regularly provide assistance to clients looking to sponsor family members to join them in Canada. We are widely recognized for our expertise in the field and will work to find an effective solution for your individual immigration needs. To discuss your circumstances with one of our experienced immigration lawyers, please contact us online or call us at 416-321-2860.

Contact Us

For all questions and inquiries, call or email us via our form below<

4950 Yonge St., # 302
Toronto, ON M2N 6K1

Fax: (416) 512-6107