Expert Immigration Lawyers in Toronto Assisting with Temporary Residence in Canada

Temporary residence is most commonly used by those looking to visit, study or work in Canada, knowing that they plan to return to their home country down the road. The requirements needed to establish eligibility for temporary residence status will vary depending on the nature of the visit, and the decision to grant admission will ultimately be made at the port of entry in many circumstances. Being turned away in the midst of travel can create numerous issues, including added expense, or delays in beginning work or school. For this reason, hiring a knowledgeable immigration lawyer allows an applicant to ensure they have satisfied all requirements in advance of arriving at the border, giving them peace of mind.

At Garson Immigration Law, we have extensive experience assisting clients secure temporary residence status in Canada under a variety of circumstances. We skillfully guide clients through each step of the application process, from start to finish, ensuring all necessary documentation has been secured and all requirements have been satisfied. We also regularly strategize with clients on facilitating temporary residency with an eye to transitioning to permanent residency down the road.

Establishing Eligibility for a Temporary Resident Visa

When applying for temporary residence in Canada, an applicant must be able to demonstrate they have sufficient reason to seek an extended stay in the country. Reasons typically fall under one of two categories – business or personal – and eligibility requirements vary depending on the specific circumstances.

Temporary Residency for Business Purposes

The requirements to obtain temporary residency in Canada for business purposes vary considerably depending on the length of stay and reason for entering the country. For example, travelling to Canada for a week long conference will not generally necessitate any formal advance application process. However, depending on activities in Canada a stay may require being approved for a work permit.

At Garson Immigration Law, our lawyers will review your specific circumstances to determine what type of application is needed. If it is determined that a work permit is required, we will guide you through the process to secure a permit in advance of the date you are needed on-site in Canada. We provide guidance for business professionals seeking the following forms of entry into Canada:

Securing Temporary Residency for Personal Circumstances

Many people visit Canada for extended periods for personal reasons, such as helping to provide care for a new grandchild or attend a graduate studies program. It may be necessary, in these types of circumstances, to obtain longer-term visitor or student status.

When seeking temporary residence status in Canada, you will need to first determine the primary reason for your visit and the expected length of your stay. Some visas are more specialized and allow for a longer stay before the need to renew, such as a super visa, while others are more general, such as a visitor visa. Applying for a visa is a time-consuming and sometimes costly process, and so determining the correct process and submitting a complete application the first time is key to avoid unnecessary delays and expense.

At Garson Immigration Law in Toronto, we will advise on which visa is best suited to your needs and guide you through the application process in order to minimize any surprises at the port of entry and allow you to fulfil the intended purposes of your visit to Canada.

For Assistance with Obtaining or Renewing Temporary Residence Status in Canada, Contact Garson Immigration Law

At Garson Immigration Law, we are exclusively dedicated to the practice of immigration law and regularly provide assistance to clients seeking temporary residence status in Canada. We have been widely recognized for our expertise in the field and will work to find an effective solution for your individual immigration needs. To discuss your circumstances with one of our experienced immigration lawyers, please contact us online or call us at 416-321-2860.

Related News

Latest posts from the Garson Immigration Law Blog

Contact Us

For all questions and inquiries, call or email us via our form below<

4950 Yonge St., # 302
Toronto, ON M2N 6K1

Fax: (416) 512-6107