Dedicated Immigration Lawyers Facilitating Super Visa Applications for Parents and Grandparents in Canada

Many Canadians have parents and grandparents living outside of the country whom they want to bring to Canada for an extended visitation period. While it is possible to apply for a regular visitor visa, or even a 10-year multiple entry visa, these only allow for a maximum visitation of 6 months before the holder is required to apply for renewal. Every time a visa holder applies for an extension, they are required to submit multiple documents and pay additional fees. A super visa, on the other hand, grants approved parents and grandparents the right to visit for two years before they need to reapply for an extension. This makes everyone’s life much easier.

However, the requirements for qualifying for a super visa are quite stringent. Even once you’ve established that you are the parent or grandparent of a Canadian permanent resident or citizen, there are multiple factors that will be considered and steps that need to be taken in order to successfully obtain a super visa. At Garson Immigration Law, we are exclusively dedicated to the practice of immigration law and are experts at guiding applicants through the process of applying for a super visa. We have over thirty years of combined experience assisting families with obtaining visas that allow parents and grandparents to reunite with their children and grandchildren in Canada, and we will work to ensure that you are able to navigate the super visa application process efficiently.

What is a Super Visa?

A super visa is an immigration solution specifically aimed at parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada. While a standard visitor visa only entitles a holder to stay for a maximum of six months before they must reapply to renew their status, the super visa entitles the holder to stay in Canada for two years before they must reapply. It’s a convenient solution for those wishing to have their parents or grandparents join them in Canada for an extended stay.

Who is Eligible for a Super Visa and How Does the Application Process Work?

There are a number of preconditions that must be met in order to qualify for a super visa. For example, applicants must satisfy the following minimum requirements:

  • You must be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada;
  • Your child or grandchild who is resident in Canada must provide a letter including:
    • a promise that you will have adequate financial resources for the duration of your visit;
    • a list of people in the household of the person providing the letter; and
    • a copy of their Canadian citizenship or permanent resident document.
  • You must have fully paid and approved medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company that:
    • is valid for at least 1 year from the date of entry; and
    • provides at least $100,000 of coverage.

If the information provided is deemed insufficient or inaccurate, this can cause extensive delays or even rejection of the application. Further, an applicant may be deemed inadmissible due to a history of poor health or a criminal record.

At Garson Immigration Law, we will provide an honest opinion with respect to the likelihood of success of a super visa application and put together an application package that provides our client with the best chance of success for approval.

Garson Immigration Law in Toronto Provides Efficient Assistance with Super Visa Applications and Denials in Canada

At Garson Immigration Law, we are exclusively dedicated to the practice of immigration law and regularly work with clients looking to obtain a Canadian super visa. We have been widely recognized for our expertise in the field and will work to find an effective solution for your individual immigration needs. To discuss your circumstances with one of our experienced immigration lawyers, please contact us online or call us at 416-321-2860.

Contact Us

For all questions and inquiries, call or email us via our form below<

4950 Yonge St., # 302
Toronto, ON M2N 6K1

Fax: (416) 512-6107