Toronto Immigration Lawyers Providing Exceptional Advice on Visitor Visas to Canada

Visitor visas, also known as temporary resident visas, grant the holder the right to stay in Canada for up to six months, with some exceptions that allow for shorter or longer stays. Those seeking entry to Canada for a temporary stay may require a visitor visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization, depending on the travel documents they have and their country of citizenship. It is important to ensure that you apply for the correct form of entry in advance before you embark on travelling to Canada to avoid any delays.

At Garson Immigration Law, we regularly help clients seeking temporary entry to Canada and assist them in compiling a complete and accurate application. We are immigration law experts and as such can assist with finding the best path forward for your visa application. Our in-depth understanding of the Canadian immigration system allows us to ensure we provide find the most cost-effective and efficient way through the complexities of the application process in every situation.

Who Qualifies for a Visitor Visa in Canada?

In order to qualify for a temporary resident or visitor visa, you must satisfy the following requirements:

  • You must have a valid travel document, such as a passport
  • You must be in good health
  • You must not have a criminal or immigration conviction on your record
  • You must be able to satisfy an immigration officer that you have sufficient ties to your home country that will require you to leave Canada at the end of your visit
  • You must be able to demonstrate that you have financial support for the duration of your stay

In addition, applicants may also need to submit to a medical exam, provide a letter of invitation from someone who is resident in Canada, or submit biometrics such as fingerprints and/or photographs.

Once granted, your visa will be noted in your passport, along with the date by which you must leave the country pending any further extension of time. If you wish to seek an extension, it is recommended that you apply at least thirty days before the expiration of your visa to allow time for processing.

At Garson Immigration Law, we are dedicated solely to helping clients with their immigration needs and are extensively experienced in this area. We also regularly strategize with clients seeking to obtain temporary residency with an eye to potentially transitioning to a permanent move to Canada in the future.

For Assistance with Visitor Visa Applications to Canada, Contact Garson Immigration Law

At Garson Immigration Law, we have been widely recognized for our expertise in the field and will work to find an effective solution for your individual immigration needs. To discuss your circumstances with one of our experienced immigration lawyers, please contact us online or call us at 416-321-2860.

Contact Us

For all questions and inquiries, call or email us via our form below<

4950 Yonge St., # 302
Toronto, ON M2N 6K1

Fax: (416) 512-6107